Br Dan - Big Hugs from Madrid


Hi Everyone!

This is Br Dan, I'm writing to let you know I'm safe and sound, studying hard here in Spain.

I began my final semester of theology on February 11 so now I'm into the fourth week. I have a full load of subjects here plus a few extra ones thrown in for good measure so it certainly keeps me out of trouble.

I'm living in the Verbum Dei Centre for Missionary Formation in a place called Loeches, about half an hour's drive out of Madrid. I live with about 15 other male missionaries in little houses, on our own little mountain. Some of them are fellow students, others are the professors in our institute. They are from all over the world, representing four continents (no Asian male missionaries here at the moment). 


We walk to our institute very morning (it's about 5 minutes away) and we attend classes with female missionaries and married couples, who live on separate mountains inside our centre. We cook for ourselves, do all the work around the house etc and also help out with the maintenance of the centre in general as well as working in the retreat house which is also a part of our centre when groups come.



I'm also helping out with some of the mission we carry out here: I have a bible study I help run in Madrid once a fortnight and we have a live radio programme in English which we broadcast 1pm on Saturdays Madrid time (currently that's 11pm Sydney time if you're interested in listening in on https://radio.verbumdei.org/).



I just wanted you all to know that you're in my prayers and thoughts. Big hugs from Madrid and see you all soon!

God bless,

Br Dan

Comments