Exciting News about Alpha - Now In Person and with Dinner!


Exciting News about Alpha - Now In Person 

and with Dinner!




Some great news - due to covid-19 relaxation of restrictions, Alpha is able to return to its original format, in person in the St Charles Borromeo Hall from 23 July.
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions exploring the Christian faith in a friendly and relaxed space. The evening starts with dinner, then a video, followed by a coffee break, and a discussion in small groups.
The topic for the first night is "Who is Jesus?"






Thursday 23 July 2020
7.00pm - 9.15pm
Register at alpha.rgcp.org.au

Registration is essential. Note that physical distancing will be maintained throughout the session.
The Alpha team looks forward to welcoming you as our guest.

Contacts:
Pina 0432 682 239 or Tania 0416 436 245
Facebook: Like and share! Stay connected at https://www.facebook.com/alphargcp/

My Experience of Alpha at Ryde-Gladesville Parish

"My sister and her husband completed an Alpha course around 15yrs ago, both said it was a good course and helped explain a little more about Christianity. It had been on my ‘to do’ list for years, but life and work schedules got in the way and I could never seem to fit it in. Then last year I started attending St Charles Borromeo and I saw a banner advertising the Alpha course – on a Monday night. The one night in the week I could do. It was obviously a meant to be so I signed up. Although raised a strict Catholic I had lead my own unguided life in my 20’s and 30’s and wasn’t a massive one for prayer or attending church during this time, but looking back I could see that God had always had a hand on my shoulder through my ups and downs. After having children I wanted to reconnect and strengthen my faith, so that my boys would be raised with the same Christian beliefs. Before Alpha I didn’t really pray to Jesus or the Holy Spirit, I just said all my prayers to God. I didn’t understand how they all fitted into the picture of prayer. Why pray to three things? Alpha explained Christianity and the role that Jesus and the Holy Spirit play in our lives and in prayer. I started testing this around week three by making sure I included Jesus and the Holy spirit in my evening prayers, and was surprised at the peace, love and reassurance it brought me. The support and discussion in the break-out groups was great. I had hoped to meet some new people but have come away with friendships that I never expected to make. And of course the food is amazing! I’d definitely recommend Alpha to anyone wanting to revisit their faith and gain a better understanding of how it all fits in with the hustle and bustle of modern life."    - Carole.


Comments