Parishioners share stories of Alpha


Alpha starts 8th February, in-person or online.

Hear from two people below who have experienced Alpha and have been genuinely surprised by the experience of warm welcome, real growth in their faith and great friendships made. 

Experience this for yourself! Sign-up today at https://alpha.rgcp.org.au/


"I was surprised at the peace, love and reassurance it brought me."

My sister and her husband completed an Alpha course around 15yrs ago, both said it was a good course and helped explain a little more about Christianity. It had been on my ‘to do’ list for years, but life and work schedules got in the way and I could never seem to fit it in. Then last year I started attending St Charles Borromeo and I saw a banner advertising the Alpha course – on a Monday night. The one night in the week I could do. It was obviously a 'meant to be' so I signed up. 

Although raised a strict catholic I had led my own unguided life in my 20’s and 30’s and wasn’t a massive one for prayer or attending church during this time, but looking back I could see that God had always had a hand on my shoulder through my ups and downs. After having children I wanted to reconnect and strengthen my faith, so that my boys would be raised with the same Christian beliefs.

Before Alpha I didn’t really pray to Jesus or the Holy Spirit, I just said all my prayers to God. I didn’t understand how they all fitted into the picture of prayer. Why pray to three things? Alpha explained Christianity and the role that Jesus and the Holy Spirit play in our lives and in prayer. I started testing this around week three by making sure I included Jesus and the Holy Spirit in my evening prayers, and was surprised at the peace, love and reassurance it brought me. The support and discussion in the break-out groups was great. I had hoped to meet some new people but have come away with friendships that I never expected to make. And of course the food is amazing! I’d definitely recommend Alpha to anyone wanting to revisit their faith and gain a better understanding of how it all fits in with the hustle and bustle of modern life.

CAROLE 



"It exceeded my expectations, you definitely won't be disappointed."


I first heard about Alpha during mass and thought it'll be a great chance to explore my faith deeper, and I can honestly say it exceeded my expectations.

I was a committed Christian but didn't have anyone who I could really talk about my faith with or ask any questions that I had because my friends were either not Christians or didn't want to talk about it.

The organisers and volunteers at Alpha were so welcoming right from the start and did an amazing job each week. The topics every week were thought provoking and enlightening about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and life, all the content was true to the teaching in the Bible.

The people I met were great and some of them we remained good friends after the Alpha course was complete. Having made great Christian friendships through the Alpha course we continue to openly discuss our faith with each other today like we did every week at Alpha and it has really helped me grow as a Christian.

I highly recommend to anyone who is curious or any Christians who would like to meet like-minded people to give Alpha a go - you definitely won’t be disappointed.

MICHAEL








Comments