Reflections on the Verbum Dei Easter Retreat


Last Saturday we held our first Easter retreat, based on the theme “Peace be with you” (John 20:19). We heard about how our experience of the Resurrection helps us to experience peace and reconciliation in our hearts, and share that peace and joy with our world that is so desperately searching for the peace that only Jesus can give.

We also enjoyed praying a rosary for peace, listening to a great testimony from Danny, and had some community time to eat and share.

Here are what some of our participants had to say about the day:
 

“The ‘Peace Be With You’ Retreat helped me identify some of my fears and pray for them. I may not overcome these overnight, but I trust that Jesus will continue to breathe the Holy Spirit and fill my heart with peace.”


“The retreat offered a great opportunity to slow down and reflect on all things related to the faith and our lives. It was personally a rejuvenating experience in what has been a busy start to the year!”


“This retreat was for me a great opportunity to stop and listen to what the Lord wanted to say to me. He reminded me that he wants my heart to be filled with peace and joy to be conveyed to others.”


“The time spent reflecting has helped me set priorities for family, friends and work which will easily pay off over the next few months. Sure beats Saturday retail therapy!”


“I was blessed to have three hours to spend in peaceful reflection and prayer on a busy Saturday! It was special to spend the time understanding the scriptures and my faith and how I can share the message of the Holy Spirit in my daily life.”



Next month, Deacon Dan and Steve will be busy being Ordained into the Priesthood, so instead of our regular retreat we will be having an all-night Vigil for Pentecost. Stay tuned for more information, we hope to see you there!

Comments