Survey for Fr Greg's Studies


Hi everyone,

Hope you are all keeping well and that the Good News of our getting on top of the coronavirus threat as a nation is also bolstering your hopes for an early return to normality once again.

I write to you who are volunteers in all the ministries and services of our Ryde Gladesville Parish, because I need your help with an assignment that I have to complete before next Sunday 5th May … So I kind of need a response ASAP… like before Wednesday 29th April, if at all possible.

As many of you know, as part of my ongoing formation as Parish Priest, I have been asked by the Archdiocese to undertake studies towards a Graduate Certificate in Management of Not-For-Profit Organisations at the Australian Catholic University, North Sydney Campus.


The course consists of four modules, and the one I am currently in, “Human Resource Management”, requires me to undertake an Organisational Study of one particular aspect of this field applied to a Non-For-Profit organisation. And, what a coincidence… I have decided to study the Not-For-Profit called “Ryde Gladesville Catholic Parish”! So I need your help in filling out a really simple questionnaire which has 25 questions, with some specifically concerning your motivations for volunteering to serve at the Parish.

The survey is really easy, and should only take 7-10 minutes of your time. It simply requires you ticking a box on a scale from 1 to 5, ‘5’ being “Strongly Agree” and ‘1’ meaning “Strongly Disagree”, indicating whether or not that particular motivation is important to you in your volunteer work at the Parish, in whatever ministry or service you do, be it each week, each month, or sporadically. Then there are another four questions that require a little more written information, but I guarantee it will be easy.


If you can do the survey online (using Survey Monkey) that would be great. The link is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QKST3HS 


If you prefer to use a hard copy, we are sending that to you as well as a pdf document that you can promptly fill in, and get back to our Parish Office or letterbox. If you have no printer, give us a call at the Parish Office on 9807 2966 and we will deliver a copy to you. 

You can download and print the paper copy here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ERp_xOMxpyor5hKTb4ndIV1dFXtu0Ovm


I am sorry about the urgency, but I really need to get this back within 48 hours, no later than 10pm Wednesday evening, 29th April. That will give me time to collate the information, table the results, and finalise my assessment for this module of the course. Phew!


Thanks in advance for your help. I would love that as many people as possible could participate in the survey, but I understand if you are very busy right now, or you'd prefer to not be a part of this. And rest assured, all answers will be treated with utter confidentiality. Please don’t answer what you think I’d like you to say, and there is no need to over think the questions, just fill them in with whatever comes into your head as you are doing the survey.


The survey will also help me to help our volunteers into the future, so the work is much more than academic. I will give some general results from the survey to you all once all is ‘done and dusted’.


Your brother in volunteer service to the Lord, And with gratitude,


Fr. Greg

Comments