RGCP Connect Home Group



Reflection by John Nicholls

God has bestowed many Blessings on us, most of them when we receive the Sacraments. The Gift that I most appreciate and give thanks for is The Gift of Faith.

As I journeyed through my years, on reflection now, I was a passive practising Catholic until my
retirement when I joined St Vincent de Paul and found a relationship with The Holy Spirit.



In 2014, I received another special Blessing when I met Neville Fernandez while rehabilitating after a
massive cardio event; this led to an invitation to my wife (Gae) and I to join the Fernandez Lenton Group, Alpha Program, and The Wild Goose Series produced by the Franciscan Monks. The Wild Goose was a term that the ancient Celts had for the Holy Spirit and the program is a series of talks by the Franciscans followed by open discussion led by Neville.

Our group normally meets at 10.30 AM on Tuesdays, either weekly or fortnightly; it includes persons
from all walks of life, mostly seniors with the common goal of living out their life in accordance to our
Creator's plan and trusting in him.

I am personally in debt to our group for my spiritual growth and am hungry for more; prayer has become a more personal spiritual communication for me; when we talk to someone we must also be quiet and listen, and the Lord will respond to us through The Holy Spirit who will Bless us with his many gifts: love, peace, hope, joy, wisdom, counsel, empathy, fortitude and more! 

Let us pray: Come Holy Spirit, come.“The Spirit himself is ‘God’s gift’ par excellence. a gift from God, and in turn communicates different spiritual gifts to those who welcome Him.” - Pope Francis

The group concluded the year with a Christmas luncheon celebration. 

If you would like to join our group, or more info, contact Neville 9808 4137 or John 9816.3858


Comments